Now available as a full title on Oculus Rift and Steam
TORONTO – Aug. 31, 2017 – The acclaimed VR first-person shooter Blasters of the Universe is launching today on the Oculus Store and Steam. Build your very own instruments of destruction from thousands of weapon combinations – and get ready to duck-and-dodge your way through a veritable barrage of bullets in this heart-pounding VR bullet hell shooter.
Blasters of the Universe combines traditional storytelling with challenging physical gameplay and dares you to survive the wrath of the virtual god Grand Master Alwyn – an insecure man-child who was once the undisputed king of the local arcade.
Unpredictable challenges await every day in the neon-bathed world of Blasters of the Universe. Dodge intricate bullet patterns in full room-scale VR as you blast your way through an unrelenting onslaught of enemies with a customized weapon and shield loadout – picking and choosing from tons of parts and modifiers to make each weapon your own. Enjoy multiple full-featured campaign levels or go for a high score in rotating challenge modes – each offering unique, ever-shifting gameplay.
“Building this incredibly exciting VR shooter from scratch has been quite the ride,” says Josh Manricks, Technical Director at Secret Location. “Our team is passionate about making VR a reality – and Blasters of the Universe is the latest example of our commitment to creating next-gen original content.”
- Narrative-driven Campaign mode with a rich item and level unlock system.
- Cross platform score-based Endless modes for each level: Extremely challenging gameplay that requires players to use every inch of their available space to try and set the best score possible.
- Constantly updating Challenge modes with unique gameplay that ensures there’s always something new and exciting to play every day.
- Intense first-person bullet hell gameplay: Dodge a barrage of bullets and battle tons of enemies in full room-scale.
- Customize your weapons with hundreds of possible combinations: Unlock new weapon parts as you progress!
- Engage in epic boss battles where survival is far from guaranteed.
Pricing & Availability
Blasters of the Universe is now available on the Oculus Store and Steam (HTC Vive) as a full title for only $14.99. Take advantage of the 15% off sale during the first week and take back VR for $12.74 through September 7.
Blasters of the Universe was developed by Primetime Emmy® Award-winning studio Secret Location, with the support of the Canadian Media Fund and Ontario Media Development Corporation. It is compatible with HTC Vive and Oculus Rift headsets – and it requires tracked motion controllers.
About Secret Location
Founded in 2009 and acquired by Entertainment One (eOne) in 2016, Secret Location combines cutting-edge technology with traditional storytelling to create digitally accelerated experiences for the web, mobile, tablet, and emerging platforms such as virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR). Secret Location created the first original serialized VR narrative and is the first company in the world to win a Primetime Emmy Award for a VR project. For more information about Secret Location and Blasters of the Universe, please visit https://secretlocation.com and http://blastersoftheuniverse.com.