As Global President, Music+Live, Chris drives the strategy of the music division, which includes recordings, publishing, management and live.
Chris is the founder of indie music label, publishing and management company Last Gang, which was acquired by eOne in 2016. Since founding Last Gang in 2004, Chris has propelled artists such as Metric, Death From Above 1979, MSTRKRFT, Crystal Castles, Ryan Hemsworth and ARKELLS to international success.
A lawyer by trade, Chris obtained his J.D. from Osgoode Hall Law School and in 2006 founded the law firm Taylor Mitsopulos Klein Oballa, which represented such music acts as Drake, Avril Lavigne, Billy Talent, Three Days Grace, Alexisonfire, DVBBs, Lights, Nelly Furtado, and Gordon Lightfoot, among others.
At A Glance
- Joined eOne in 2016 alongside the acquisition of his indie music label, publishing and management company, Last Gang
- Throughout the early 90’s, he was the lead singer for Virgin Records recording act “One” – a rock/reggae group he founded in 1990
- A passionate artist advocate with a keen eye for talent, in 2013, Chris was honoured by the Canadian Civil Liberties Association for Excellence in Advocacy
- In 2018 Chris was awarded the Entrepreneur of the Year Award by the Canadian Independent Music Association
- Included on the Billboard Magazine Indie Power List in 2017, 2018 & 2019